Form International developed VCS carbon certification for MLR Forestal, a Nicaragua-based reforestation company planting mixed teak and cacao on degraded lands.
Form International realized a Carbon Quickscan assessing the feasibility of a carbon certification, and subsequently developed the technical VCS documentation for the project up to project validation and verification (including audit guidance).
Link to project in the VERRA registry: https://registry.verra.org/app/projectDetail/VCS/2365.
Article on company’s website: https://mlr.com.ni/proyecto-de-captura-de-carbono-de-mlr-forestal-en-fase-de-consulta-publica/
- VCS certification of 2,315.71 ha of restored and protected forest land (AFOLU)
- Elaborated Project Design Document (PDD) and Emission Reduction Removal sheet
- Validation by external auditor of project for capturing 1,046,688 tCO2eq
- Verification by auditor, resulting in a first emission of 17,680 tCO2eq VCUs
- Quickscan assessing most appropriate carbon certification scheme