Form International develops and manages (agro)forestry investment and forest landscape restoration projects in tropical regions (Africa, Latin America, Asia) and delivers a range of related technical and financial services to clients worldwide.
The firm started in 1992 advising the global forestry and timber trade sectors on the practical implementation of sustainable forest management of natural forests, forest certification (FSC, PEFC, legal compliance), timber trade and reforestation. Today, the firm is mainly active as developer and manager of projects, but also continues to advise in the forest sector. Assets developed and managed for our clients thus far encompass 30,000 hectares of sustainable forest plantations, forest restoration, nature conservation and agroforestry in Ghana (Form Ghana) and Tanzania (SFI Tanzania). Based on the successful development and maturation of the Ghana and Tanzania projects, new investment projects are under development in Africa, South America and Indonesia.
Form International is based in Hattem, The Netherlands. The team is characterized by an ambitious, down-to-earth mentality and a practical approach. All experts and managers have international working experience, mainly in tropical countries. The organisational structure is open and informal with direct communication between management and staff.
At Form International there is room for creativity, personal input and knowledge sharing.
In order to satisfy the growing demand for our services we are looking for a Forestry Consultant with a (agro)forestry business and economics profile to join the team in Hattem, but we are also open to discuss remote working options. We aim to fill the position on the short term.
As Forestry Consultant at Form International you will join the team working in the fields of forestry investments, forest landscape restoration, sustainable forest management, forest & climate, certification and agroforestry, as advisor and as expert team member delivering various project preparation and implementation tasks. You will work on short term and long term assignments for a mix of public, private and NGO clients. Large programmes are normally executed in collaboration with other organisations. Assigned duties will be diverse and matched with the specific skills of the successful candidate. For this position the emphasis is on design and implementation of nature based solutions projects, (agro)forestry investments, forest carbon projects and a diversity of consulting assignments. For this position the following specific tasks are envisaged: business case assessment and development, project (economic) feasibility assessment, and support client relations with carbon offset buyers and investors. The position will require international travelling on a regular basis (once covid regulations permit so).
Within Form International’s fields of work:
- Design and preparation of project proposals and budgets
- Project planning and implementation (including travel to project sites)
- Provision of advice to clients and colleagues
- Data analysis and reporting
- Other support work as needed
- Master (MSc) degree level qualification in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, or related field
- At least 3 years of working experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of sustainable forest management in the tropics
- Knowledge of international forest and climate developments (voluntary and compliance markets)
- Experience with climate change related to forests and forestry is an advantage (carbon certification standards, carbon markets, ARR, REDD+, IFM)
- Knowledge of (agro)forestry business cases and financial modelling
- Good analytical qualities
- Strong verbal and written English language skills and an international focus and professional attitude
- Good (intercultural) communication skills, able to work independently and in a team
- The ability to take initiative and innovate
We welcome female and male applicants equally for this position.
Form International offers
- A full-time position as Forestry Consultant (at least 32 hours/week)
- A market conform salary and secondary terms of employment, fitting your knowledge and experience
- A high degree of independence and responsibility
- A tightly-knit team of professional and experienced colleagues, that cooperate in an informal way
- An excellent work climate with perspectives for further development
- A position in the team based in our office in the Netherlands, but open to discuss remote working options
We invite you to send your application letter and CV to: email@example.com
(closing date for applications: 11 July, 2021)
For the attention of Mr Rik Sools, Technical Director
Form International | Eijerdijk 87 | 8051 MS Hattem | The Netherlands
t +31 (0) 38 4448990 | www.forminternational.nl