Form International is a management, investment, and consulting firm specializing in sustainable (agro)forestry, nature-based solutions, and landscape management and restoration in tropical Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Our mission is to create and deliver innovative and sustainable solutions for our clients, including investors, supply chain actors, governments, NGOs and local communities, to generate multiple returns on investment for people, planet, profit, and purpose.
We design, develop and implement forestry – carbon projects. Our office is based in Hattem, the Netherlands, with the flexibility for some remote work. But of course, you will be traveling to the project locations in the southern hemisphere. The Forestry-Carbon Project Developer will be contributing to, or be responsible for developing and managing multiple projects that deliver carbon revenues from community-based forestry and agroforestry.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental science, forestry, natural resource management, or closely related fields
- 2+ years of experience in developing and implementing community-based forestry and agroforestry projects that generate carbon revenue
- Knowledge and experience in forestry carbon certification standards, including the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and Climate, Community, and Biodiversity (CCB) Standards
- Experience in conducting feasibility assessments, carbon accounting, and cost-benefit accounting is an advantage
- Some demonstrated expertise in project and stakeholder management
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Fluent in English, and preferably French. Fluency in another language (e.g. Spanish) is a plus
We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org