Job Opportunity Director Forestry Consulting
Are you a senior forestry consultant looking for a next step? Do you want to combine your professional expertise and your leadership skills to head a diverse team in a hands-on way? Then Form International has the ideal job for you!
Forests are under pressure globally. And forests are crucial; for a stable climate, for the world’s biodiversity, and for 800 million people that depend on it for their livelihood. That’s why the colleagues of Form International get out of bed every morning; to actively contribute to the restoration, management and conservation of tropical forest landscapes. In a way that is ecologically, socially and economically sustainable.
Form International is active in tropical forest landscape projects and delivers a wide range of technical and forestry investment related consultancy services to clients worldwide. We also develop and implement our own projects. In addition, we launched our Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) platform Treevive. Treevive accelerates climate finance for forestry projects by offering pre-financed technical assistance to develop forest carbon projects and market the resulting carbon credits. With 30 years of history Form International is a well-respected brand in the global community of forest management, restoration and protection. For more information: www.forminternational.nl and www.treevive.nl.
Form International is based in Hattem, The Netherlands. The team currently consists of some 20 people, most of which are experienced forestry professionals and is characterized by an ambitious yet down-to earth mentality and a practical, entrepreneurial approach. The organisational structure is open and informal with direct communication lines. There is plenty of room for creativity and knowledge sharing.
We have a clear mission for 2030: to restore and protect tropical forest landscapes at scale. In order to achieve that we are expanding our team and are looking for a Director Forestry Consulting to facilitate that growth and structure our organization accordingly.
As Director Forestry Consulting your main responsibility is to structure, manage and grow our team of forestry professionals. You are a style flexible coach that can balance well between content-driven discussions, person and team-driven dynamics and business performance. Because of your own expertise and experience you are an appreciated sparring partner for your team members. You engage effectively with existing and new clients, and develop new business in a natural manner connecting client needs and business opportunities with Form International’s expertise, current and new to develop products. You will also fulfil a role as project lead yourself, in consulting assignments and in delivering own forest (carbon) projects.As a member of the Management Team you are responsible for the productivity, quality and functioning of Form International’s forestry consulting activities and team, and are energized by all aspects of the sales and delivery process. In this you always look for ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness. You actively scout and manage the pipeline for new assignments, projects and tenders and manage capacity planning.
The position is based at our main office in Hattem, The Netherlands, and requires frequent presence in office, and occasional travel to clients, meetings and project locations.
- Day to day management of a growing team of professionals including HR, commercial realization, project delivery, knowledge development and process improvements;
- Support project leads with all phases of the project life cycle;
- Lead project teams for consultancy assignments or own project development;
- Acquisition of new business (private and public sectors, tenders, grants) ;
- Contract management;
- Capacity planning and management;
- Develop and implement annual forestry consulting budget;
- Operational monitoring and reporting;
- Quality assurance;
- Customer satisfaction;
- Facilitate innovation, knowledge and product development;
- Support company strategy development.
We seek a hands-on professional with:
- Expertise and proven track record in international forestry consulting, development and implementation of forest (carbon) projects;
- At least 7 years’ experience and proven track record in coordinating project teams and at least one relevant (team) management position;
- Excellent international network relevant for Form International’s business;
- Excellent knowledge of Form International’s sector and markets;
- Relevant work experience in tropical forest countries;
- Strong analytical and business planning skills;
- Good (intercultural) communication skills;
- A relevant education in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science or related field, preferably at academic level;
- Excellent language skills in English. Speaking ability in Dutch, with willingness to develop. Spanish and/or French is an advantage.
- An impactful and entrepreneurial position (36-40 hours/week) with a high degree of independence and responsibility;
- Competitive salary and secondary terms of employment, fitting your knowledge and experience;
- A tightly-knit team of professional and experienced colleagues, that cooperate in an informal way;
- A flexible working environment with a combination of on site, office and home-based work.
We believe in the added value of diversity in our organization and strive for as much variation as possible in age, gender identities, sexual orientation, origin and cultural background.
For more information about the position, please reach out to our HR Officer Karin Meijer, +31 (0)38 4448990 or email@example.com.
You can send your written application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 30th 2023 citing “Application Director Forestry Consulting + your name”. Interviews will take place in April and the targeted starting date is 1st June 2023.